Thursday, March 20, 2008

Weekend Recap

It's been quite a week...I've spent the last couple days recovering from my birthday festivities of Saturday, work has been a bind, and on top of that, I've had all these trophies to hang up!

Saturday...
A bunch of us got together for a night out on the town. My friend Carson wanted to celebrate my birthday in style. So he got a super-stretch limo to come pick me up. Dyno had bought 3 or 4 bottles of champagne, and so we headed out to the car where Guitar Joe and his gal were already inside, drinking more champagne! Then we had our chauffeur Robert pick up Carson and his chick, and we were on our way! We went first to dinner at Citywalk in Universal City. We went to Karl Strauss Brewery Restaurant where I gorged on a pint of Hefeweizen and an entire plate of Garlic Parm fries. (I've given up potatoes for Lent, but hey -- it's a celebration, right??)

After dinner we got back in the car where we drank more champagne and headed to Koreatown where there is a legendary karaoke bar called The Orchid Bar. This is a must-go-to place for any karaoke aficionado. You and your party get your own private room with nice squashy seats around a big ol table and a nifty sound system with two mikes to sing in to. Well, six "Summer Breezes" later I had sang the entire Abba Gold album and had had a great time. Couldn't tell you anything more than that, because things are a bit foggy. I think I tried to recreate the Chicago 'L' scene from "Risky Business" with Dyno in the back of the limo, but was unsuccessful. I'm no Rebecca De Mornay, and he ain't no Tom Cruise (thank Xenu).

Sunday...
I woke up really late feeling really bad. Dyno tried to make me breakfast but that didn't work out so well. I found my clothes from the night before on the floor, and when I picked them up I noticed that my brand new silk blouse I had worn yesterday had a big stain on it. I asked Dyno if I had spilled on myself or something. He said, "Yeah -- on yourself, on me, on the table, on the floor, on the waiter..."

Wow, what a birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.