Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday's This & That

This week was a complete bitch, for so many reasons and on so many levels. I'm so glad it's over, because I'd rather be my former sunshine-y Pollyanna self than this bitter old woman I've become.

The only thing that's made me happy within the last week is watching this informercial for the Sweep N Mop. Now I want one. I mean, it's only 2 for $10 (plus S&H)! You can't beat that! Does anyone have one?

Bette Davis' new biography seems to be ultra-kind to her, despite her reputation for being a stage diva.

Errol Flynn's frequent co-star Olivia DiHavilland is featured in an LA Weekly article. She will be honored at the Academy on June 15th, and a tribute will be displayed for her at both the Academy and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art from June 15 to July 1.

And Saturday, June 10th (tomorrow!) on TCM at 8 PM (EST, I assume) watch Sunset Blvd. It's also playing Sunday, June 11th at 6PM. This is the movie I raved about previously. The best film-noir movie of them all.

And yes, there will be a Romance Cheese Friday today!

No comments: