Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What You Didn't Know...

*YAWN* So it's already 9:00 AM and Pixie has tagged me. I've been tagged before, but I just hate answering these things. Then I thought to my self, "Self, you never reveal enough information about yourself. No one knows any details about your personal life." So here are 7 things about me that you may not know:

1. I am a graduate of St. Pyre's School of Technical Pyrotechnics in Fioria, Virgin Islands, majoring in Pyrotechnical Arts. I studied under Pietro Pierre, the great international flame thrower. A genius in the world of deflagration.

2. I spend at least 5 hours a day at work procrastinating. This mostly consists of surfing the internet, blogging, playing on my MySpace page, or tooling around in Photoshop.

3. I have a thing for trumpet players. Especially those named Harry who know how to play Hora Staccato.

4. I have an unusually long tongue. When I was born, the doctor suggested to my mother that I get the tip of my tongue chopped off. The very thought of this procedure made her cringe, so she declined. As a result, I can touch my tongue to my nose (as well as many other special talents that shall remain unsaid).

5. Before my work as a pinup girl and go-go dancer, I was a famous big band singer under the stage name Kitty Keller. I sang for our wonderful men in uniform during WWII for the USO, and had 12 very successful albums throughout the 30's and 40's. However, I strained my voice during a performance with Doris Day (okay, more of a shouting match, but that's another story for another day) and I lost my record deal.

5. I've dated many famous men, but Peter Lawford was the one who really broke my heart. I'm especially hurt since there is no record anywhere of our relationship, which leads me to believe that he never has revealed to anyone that we were lovers.

6. I'm a MySpace whore. If you ask to be my friend, I'll automatically just say yes. I don't care who you are, what you believe in, or what you look like. I just want you as a friend!

7. I tried to sleep with Irving Thalberg to get a movie deal at MGM, but Norma Shearer beat me to it. That bitch.

As far as tagging people...I don't really go to other people's blogs, but I do hang out around other people's MySpace pages and websites (see the list on the right). I think if I tagged someone they'd never do it back. And if you're hurt that you didn't get tagged, it's because I don't know what the hell your blog is! Leave your addy in the comments so I can put you in a post or on my links list. Stop lurking and start commenting!!

Oh yeah... the obligatory rules (that I really had trouble following)...
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

3 comments:

pixie said...

... and the cycle is broken.
jk

Sweepea said...

Haha...I know, the Blog Gods are going to smite me. I'm a horrible person.

Anonymous said...

Well. I'm glad you posted this! Because I tagged Pixie, and Pixie tagged you - and I would have never found you otherwise.

And I'm loving your blog. You have fabulous taste (and I should know - because it's similar to mine.)

And if you think that's something I would lie about, I can prove it.

www.shejusthadtosayit.wordpress.com

I'm ALL about vintage chics.

Soliloquy