Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy 100th Birthday, Barbara Stanwyck!

"I'm a tough old broad from Brooklyn. I intend to go on acting until I'm ninety and they won't need to paste my face with make-up."

"Eyes are the greatest tool in film. Mr. Capra taught me that. Sure, it's nice to say very good dialogue, if you can get it. But great movie acting - watch the eyes!"

"Put me in the last fifteen minutes of a picture and I don't care what happened before. I don't even care if I was in the rest of the damned thing - I'll take it in those fifteen minutes."

"My only problem is finding a way to play my fortieth fallen female in a different way from my thirty-ninth."

"It's perhaps not the future I would choose. I still think it's possible to make a success of both marriage and career, even though I didn't. But it's not a bad future. And I'm not afraid of it."

"Egotism - usually just a case of mistaken nonentity."

[imdb]

No comments: