Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stupid Prank Calls

When I don't recognize the phone number, I don't answer it and I let it go to voicemail. Well, I'm getting random calls on my cell phone lately, and no one leaves a voicemail which makes things even more bizarre. But I guess other people are experiencing this problem too.

Apparently the numbers (402) 572-7581 and (866) 689-4118 are some service numbers for Comcast or Adelphia or something. The first number gives me a busy signal, but the second number I actually got some automated Adelphia service thingie.

But the last number I can't figure out. I'd hate to show it here because when I called it, it was a real guy's pager number. I don't know why people can't just leave a galdarn message when they call.

Well... 1/3 of a mystery solved.

2 comments:

Professor Ellis D Trails said...

i had the same problem with both phone numbers. I also received a pager number on my cell. IT turns out to be the pager of the technician that is supposed to come to my house this weekend. It is good to see that I am not the only one.

I have adelphia cable.

Anonymous said...

I just did a search for this number (the 866-689-4118) and found this blog...I am in long angeles and finally answered the call from this number (they called 9 times in the past 2 days) and it was time warner confirming the last step of the "migration" for cable setup from comcast. If you are in los angeles, you will know this was a long and painful process for most of us as the "change" went really bad with people not having any cable for weeks! Anyway, it was a harmless call just to confirm my monthly rate (which was now actually reduced from my former account with comcast) - so maybe answering is not so bad!
:)