Friday, March 24, 2006

200th Post! and KH2 Party

Yay! This is the Lounge's 200th post! And to celebrate, I went to a Launch Party last night. Well, that's not exactly true. It wasn't to celebrate the Lounge's 200th post...it was to celebrate the launch of Kingdom Hearts 2 - a Disney/Final Fantasy PS2 game. This is the sequel to Kingdom Hearts - my favorite video game.

One of my dreams came true last night as we had to walk down a red carpet to get in to the party. There were gaming magazines and press there, so they snapped some pictures, probably thinking I was someone more important than I really am. I notice when you raise your nose up a little and walk like you mean business, people actually think you are a celebrity in this town. So I just let them.

The party had an open bar so of course I took advantage with some vodka tonics. In the crowd I spotted a lot of Disney pop stars, like Hayden Pantierre and Jesse McCartney. Also there was Haley Joel Osment (who plays the lead role in the game) and David Gallagher (who plays a villain). But I got most excited about talking to Bill Farmer, the voice of my absolute favorite Disney character, Goofy. People said John DiMaggio (voice of Bender on Futurama) was there, too, but I didn't see him.

I also got to play some of the game: the Steamboat Willie section, some of the Lion King part, and the most fun - fighting alongside Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribbean.

The only dissapointing part of the night were the gift bags that surprisingly did not contain the game itself. Instead there was a gaming mag and a digital clock that wouldn't stop beeping.

But I'm still excited...this game is gonna be so awesome. The U.S. release is very soon - the date keeps changing, but last I heard it was in mid-April.

No comments: