Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend Re-cap

Here's a recap of my busy Birthday weekend:

Friday I took off the day to go to Disneyland. My sister and I arrived at around 11 AM to some overcast skies. Just as we entered the park, it started to rain. Thankfully I had a hat on, but I had failed to bring a jacket - just a sweatshirt. By the time we made it to New Orleans Square to get on The Haunted Mansion, I was soaked from head to toe. But the rain didn't let up. In fact, it was pouring pretty much the rest of the day. I had to eat lunch standing up in the rain and my sammich got all wet. And between the two parks, we only went on 5 rides, which is pretty pathetic for the admission price paid.

But hell, at least I wasn't at work. I guess this is not a fun day for the Disneyland staff (excuse me, Cast Members) either.

Saturday Gina called me up and we went to 3rd Street Promenade to spend some much hard-earned cashola. Stupid me - I bought shorts and tanks even though it's still California freezing here. Maybe I was dreaming of sunnier skies. Down 3rd Street they had some Adidas promotional thing where there was a line of women doing yoga in plastic boxes to promote Stella McCartney. Weird.

That night Dyno and I went to dinner at Flemings in El Smellgundo with friends (our first double-date) and we got hammered over delicious steaks and martinis. Then Dyno took us to this crazy dive bar in Hermosa Beach where everyone had handle-bar mustaches and little to no teeth. The drunkest guy in the bar kept calling me Sandra Bullock and got so close to me that I could count how many drinks he had had based on his breath. We sang karaoke (badly) until about 2 PM ("I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor was my pick) and then took a cab home.

Sunday I woke up with a horrible horrible hangover but I had to face the fam' in Ventura County for my last birthday party at 11:30 AM. Dyno gave me Chaser pills but even that didn't help. (Maybe I should have taken cocaine drops...) At any rate, we drove to Simi Valley where we met up with my family at a smaller version of a Chuck E. Cheese called Big Z's. I discovered that a "family fun center" with loud, bell-ringing games and running, screaming kids is not a good place to recover from a hangover. But I got enough tickets to get a cheapy plastic toy. Exhausted at the end of a long day - and a long weekend - Dyno drove me home where I passed out watching TV.

No comments: