Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday's This & That

Well I'm a little hungover. Last night Dyno and I went to Cheesecake Factory and had some apps and drinks. (I stuck with the JW's Pink Lemonade and he had some Buds. We also did some kamikaze shots.)

Interestingly, at one point I got up to use the restroom and the stupid bamboo bar chair sliced my finger open. It was a pretty deep gouge and I got a bar napkin to stop the bleeding. Dyno asked our bartender if she could get me a band-aid, and as she did I noticed she was talking to the manager. Well, I bandaged my finger up and not two minutes later the manager is behind me. "Are you okay? What happened?"

I'm pretty drunk at this time, and it barely hurts, so I felt a little stupid explaining that his chair sliced my hand. He starts inspecting the chair and then says jokingly, "I don't believe you."

"I'm fine," I reassure him. And I quickly add, "I'm not gonna sue you or anything. I'm just upset that my hand-modeling career is over."

And the manager asked, "So should I write up an incident report?"

I was kind of surprised he was asking me that. It's his procedure, not mine. So I just said, "That's up to you. But I'm not going to take legal action or anything." Satisfied, he then offered us free dessert. (Neither Dyno nor I really like the sweets, so we declined.)

I wonder what the policy is on filing incident reports. I'm sure I just waived my rights by declining, but was he supposed to ask me if he should write it up?

No comments: