Thursday, January 26, 2006

Something's (Really) Wrong With Me

There's something weird going on with me today. I just checked and my shoes match, so that's not it... And then I realize what it is. It's two words.

Work. Sucks.

It seems strange to complain about a place that gives you birthday cake every 3rd Thursday of the month and free donuts and bagels every Friday, but I have to say I'm sick of working here. And I love my job, and generally love all those people I work with. I appreciate the little freebies and how easy this job is (and the fact that I've mastered the "hard at work but hardly working" thing).

No it's not my job or the company that I work for in particular. It's the working that I don't like. The actual waking up to an alarm, having to sit in traffic, drinking crappy coffee, sitting at a desk all day, just to sit in more traffic in the dark. I am sick of the actual process of work.

What I need is a vacation. I haven't been on a real vacation in years. Years! There's something wrong with that. And in essence, that is what makes there something wrong with me.

If anyone would like to help bring me back to a middle state of normality, you are welcome to contribute to the new fund I've set up... It's the "Send a Crazy Girl to Hawaii to Make her Sane Again Fund."

Anyone?

No comments: